Child Life Specialist for Pediatric Support
Full Time Dayshift
Monday - Friday
What You Will Do
Collaborate with the health care team to provide social, emotional, and developmental support during a pediatric patient's illness and hospitalization.
- Supply a caring and secure atmosphere for patients and their families in pediatrics.
- Collaborate with the health care team to plan appropriate interventions.
- Develop and/or participate in outreach and educational activities to teach families, staff, and the community about issues and services related to ill and hospitalized children.
- Maintain proper education to continue with professional development.
Peyton Manning Children's Hospital in Evansville, IN is currently a single person Child Life program, requiring applicants to be self-sufficient, experienced with a variety of ages and diagnoses, and show initiative.
This CCLS will cover:
- Same Day Surgery / PACU
- Pediatric Acute Inpatient
- Pediatric Emergency Department
- Infusion Center
- And occasion referrals to the adult units for bereavements involving young children