Entry-level Child Life Specialist which under supervision, provides therapeutic play and developmentally appropriate interventions to promote positive coping during health care experiences, decreasing stress and anxiety. Enhances quality of patient care through participation, documentation and communication with other members of the health care team. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The Child Life Specialist I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assists with improving care for childhood hospitalizations or disabilities.
* Assists with activities that promote the social, emotional, intellectual and physical growth of children.
* Assists with pediatric programs, therapies and activities among young patients.
* Assists with interventions and interactions with patients and staff.
* Assists with support groups.
* Utilizes medical play, developmentally appropriate interventions and educational materials to help children and their families adjust to the hospital environment and prepare them for events related to illness and hospitalization.
* Must complete at least 12 professional development hours (PDH) per year after successful completion of the Child Life Council Professional Certification Exam.
Reports to the Child Life Manager.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects) Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes Seeing: Yes Hearing: Yes Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Bachelors degree in Child Life, Child Development, Child Psychology or a closely related field is required.
* Completion of a 480-600 hour child life internship.
* Certified Child Life Specialist (CCLS) or eligible to complete the Association of Child Life Professionals Certification Exam within one year of hire.
* Membership within the Association of Child Life Professionals required.
* Computer proficiency required in Microsoft Office, EMR/Epic and/or other computer systems.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
* This job may require the incumbent to operate an INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Driver's License as well as, a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier, if needed.
Internal Number: 721035
About Integris Health
Every one of us at INTEGRIS, from doctors to nurses, techs to therapists, security to greeters - chose health care for one simple but powerful reason: To help other people.
That’s why we extend an invitation to all Oklahomans to enter into a health care relationship with our INTEGRIS family. It’s a relationship that places you at the center, where you are respected, listened to and kept informed by your health care team. It’s a relationship that gives you access to the world’s best specialists and medical technologies, whenever you need them.
But most importantly, it’s a relationship with the INTEGRIS family. We’re committed to doing everything we can to help you and your family live well.