Child Life Specialist position for INTEGRIS Health, Oklahoma's largest not-for-profit healthcare system. This position is located at Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City, OK. Provides direct patient care utilizing developmentally appropriate preparation, support, therapeutic interventions, medical play, advocacy, and emotional support to promote positive coping during health care experiences. Ensures comprehensive child life services are provided to reduce stress and anxiety and minimize the negative impact of trauma, hospitalization, and illness. Enhances quality of patient care through education, documentation, and communication with members of the health care team as it relates to the developmental and psychosocial needs of children and families in the hospital setting.
*Bachelor's is required, including graduation from an ACLP-endorsed child life academic program or with completion of the ACLP required coursework.
* Completion of a 600-hour child life internship under the direct supervision of a Certified Child Life Specialist (CCLS), following the Association of Child Life Professionals (ACLP) eligibility guidelines for internship supervision
* Certified Child Life Specialist (CCLS) or eligible to complete the Association of Child Life Professionals Certification Exam within one year of hire.
* Membership within the Association of Child Life Professionals required.
* Computer proficiency required in Microsoft Office, EMR/Epic and/or other computer systems.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
* This job may require the incumbent to operate an INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Driver's License as well as, a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier, if needed.
Children's at Baptist Medical Center
INTEGRIS Children’s at Baptist Medical Center provides comprehensive services for children, from newborns in our neonatal intensive care unit to a continuum of inpatient and outpatient care throughout adolescence. We’re here when you need us.
When the unthinkable happens and your child requires hospitalization, you can rely on children's and pediatric services at Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City.
We offer a dedicated pediatric-specific team that provides family-centered care in a child-friendly environment. Board-certified physicians will care for your child. All children's hospital rooms are private, with space to accommodate parents overnight.
We are a 26-bed general medical center and surgical unit offering children's hospital services from birth to 18 years of age. INTEGRIS Children's at Baptist Medical Center is comprised of all private rooms with built-in daybeds to accommodate one parent to spend the night with their child. Children not requiring isolation, along with their siblings can enjoy our playroom or may enjoy wagon rides in our hallways. Parents have access to a kitchenette with a refrigerator and microwave ove...n. Coffee and refreshments are available to family and visitors at no cost.
Our mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of children and their families by providing supportive and compassionate health care throughout all stages of life.